Happy Tesla Day! - July 10th
Serbian-American inventor Nikola Tesla was born in July of 1856, in what is now Croatia. He came to the United States in 1884, and briefly worked with Thomas Edison before the two parted ways. He sold several patent rights, including those to his alternating-current machinery, to George Westinghouse. His 1891 invention, the "Tesla coil," is still used in radio technology today. Tesla died in New York City on January 7, 1943. [biography.com]
- He was born during a lightning storm.
- He was really funny.
- He and Edison were rivals but not sworn enemies.
- He developed the idea for smartphone technology in 1901
- He "Shook the POOP out of Mark Twain."
- He had famous friends.
- Pearls drove him crazy.
- He had a photographic memory and a fear of germs.